1 tablespoon garlic powder
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
18-20 uncooked manicotti shells
2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup water
- Sprinkle the garlic powder over chicken, then sprinkle lightly with salt; cut into 1-in. strips. Stuff chicken into manicotti shells.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Place ten stuffed manicotti shells in each dish.
- Sprinkle with sausage and mushrooms.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle water around the edge of each dish.
- Cover and bake one casserole at 375° for 65-70 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed.