1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 of a green, yellow or red pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 c. water
3/4 c. uncooked long grain rice
2 t. chicken boullion
1-3 t. chili powder
1/8 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. cumin
1/8 t. pepper
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. salsa
1 c. shredded cheese
sliced black olives, optional
- In a large skillet heat some olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts in hot oil and brown for a minute on each side, then set aside.
- In the same skillet add the onions, pepper, and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, rice, bouillion and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Pour into a greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Uncover and top with salsa, cheese and black olives.
- Bake for 2-5 minutes more until cheese is melted.