1 # chicken thighs or breasts diced into bite size pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion, diced
1-2 large carrots, diced
1 large celery stalk, diced
5 small jalapenos, diced (do not include the ribs or seeds unless you want more spice) **Jarred jalapenos can be substituted
3 garlic cloves minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 cups chicken broth
8 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 ounce bacon, cooked and crumbledOptional: tortilla chips and diced green onions
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat more oil and cook veggies until tender.
- Put chicken back into the pan and add the spices. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes and broth and bring to simmer. Let simmer 25 minutes uncovered.
- Then add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 of the bacon if using.
- Garnish bowls with green onions and bacon if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.