24 ounces frozen broccoli florets (or about 4-5 cups fresh broccoli florets)
3 cups cooked cubed chicken
salt and pepper
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups rice (uncooked measurement), cooked according to package instructions
- In covered saucepan, cook broccoli in water just until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In greased 9 x 13 baking dish, spread broccoli across bottom and sprinkle chicken evenly on top. Generously sprinkle black pepper over chicken.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream soups, mayonnaise, curry powder, and chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle paprika on top if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Spread cheese on top and bake 5-10 minutes longer, until melted and slightly browned.
- While casserole is baking, cook rice. Serve the chicken and broccoli mixture over hot rice