1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
2 t. vanilla
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan, 10 inch tube pan, or angle food pan.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in the salt, baking powder and vanilla.
- Add the flour, alternating with the sour cream.
- Starting with flour, add about 1 cup, alternating with 1/2 cup sour cream. Mixing at medium speed and combining well after each addition. Batter will be very thick when finished.
- Scoop into prepared pan, leveling dough with spatula.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, checking with a tooth pick. Turn cake out onto a plate.