5 cups cauliflower
5 cups broccoli
2 cups milk
1/4 cup and 1 Tablespoon butter, divided
1/3 cup flour
2 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash of cayenne
1/2 cup Panko crumbs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook cauliflower and broccoli in salt water for about 3 minutes or till almost tender. Remove from heat and drain. Then put the veggies in the 9x13 pan.
- Microwave milk for 2-3 minutes till steaming hot but not boiling.
- In a saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter and whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook 30 seconds, whisking continually.
- Whisk in the hot milk and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Whisk in the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Pour the milk mixture over the vegetables.
- Top with cheese.
- Melt the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter and mix in the Panko crumbs. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes.