1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon strawberry extract
2 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
2/3 cup pureed strawberries- (1/3 c. for cupcakes and 1/3 c. for frosting)
1/4 cup softened butter
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/3 cup pureed strawberries
2 teaspoon strawberry extract
5-6 cups powdered sugar
- Mix together the dry ingredients for the cupcakes and set aside.
- In a bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and strawberry extract.
- Stir the milk and pureed strawberries together.
- Then beat in some of the flour mixture alternating with the strawberry mixture.
- Fill 15 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Spray the tops of the muffin pan with cooking spray just in case any bake over.
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.
- Cool completely and then frost.
- For frosting beat together the softened butter and cream cheese. Add the extract and 1/3 c. pureed strawberries. Then beat in the powdered sugar till desired consistency.