4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1 C. milk chocolate chips, melted
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/3 C. crushed candy canes
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, careful to not burn them!
- Add chocolate and peppermint extract to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Use a food scoop to measure out chocolate, roll it in between your hands into a smooth ball, then roll in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
- Roll your truffles in crushed candy canes the day you plan to serve them. The candy canes slowly absorb the moisture from the chocolate and can become sticky.