Wednesday, January 18, 2012

White Cake

I found this recipe on allrecipes when I was looking for a delicious white cake to bake. It got great reviews so I thought I'd give it a try. I was really happy with the results and would make this again!-Sarah

1 boxed white cake mix
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 t. salt
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup sour cream
2 T. oil
1 t. almond extract
1 t. vanilla extract
4 egg whites

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir together the cake mix, flour, sugar and salt until well combined.
  • Pour in the water, sour cream, oil, extracts and egg whites. 
  • Beat with mixer on low until well combined, about 4 minutes.
  • Pour into greased and floured pan. I used 2, 9" round cake pans.
  • Bake about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Cheryl Taul said...

Dear Kristin,

You have such a beautiful family. I love the photo of you and your Family at the beach.

Thank you for posting the recipe for white cake. I have been searching for a while and after looking at the recipe you posted along with the photo, this looks like
the one I will make for my son's birthday.

Cheryl