Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tortillas




For years I wanted to make my own tortillas, but everyone I asked said "it isn't worth the work, they taste as good as store bought"..then I tried it, I disagree! We love these tortillas! -Sarah

3 cups white or whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup warm water


  • In a mixing bowl place warm water, mix in salt till dissolved and canola oil. Add flour and mix just till combined. Knead dough 3 minutes.
  • Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
  • Break off egg sized pieces and roll with rolling pin into flat disks. Cook on 300 degree griddle till cooked through.

* I usually make a double batch of these because they go so quickly in our house. Also, the flatter you can roll the dough, the better they cook.

No comments: